After being cooped up this past year, and now that the weather is getting warmer, you may be thinking about summer activities for your kids and teens. Did you know there is a safe and educational summer camp offered right in Loon Lake? Camp Gifford is located off North Deer Lake Rd, on Deer Lake.
Kid’s Camp (Ages 7-12)
The Salvation Army Camp Gifford provides a Monday to Friday outdoor camp experience for children ages 7-12 that is exciting, educational, and spiritual. At Camp Gifford, they will have the opportunity to play games, create fun arts and crafts, learn archery, swim, boat, sing, and learn more about God in a fun and uplifting environment.
Dates: June 21 – July 30
Times: Monday at 12pm to Friday at 9am
Cost: $420, Scholarships available on a sliding scale
- June 21-25: Kid’s Camp #1
- June 28-July 2: Kid’s Camp #2
- July 5-9: SAY Camp
- July 12-16: Jr Music Camp (tentative)
- July 19-23: Kid’s Camp #3
- July 26-30: Kid’s Camp #4
Teen Adventure Camp
Teen Adventure Camp, run through Salvation Army Camp Gifford, provides teen wilderness fun with activities such as hiking, sailing, high ropes elements, and outdoor survival skills. Teens, ages 13-17 explore nature, and grow and develop their relationship with Christ while developing friendships with other teens from around the Pacific Northwest.
- June 21-25: Wilderness Camp #1
- June 28-July 2: Wilderness Camp #2
- July 5-9: Wilderness Camp #3
- July 12-16: Wilderness Camp #4
- July 19-23: Wilderness Camp #5
- July 26-30: Wilderness Camp #6
Bus transportation is available from Spokane. Scholarships are available on sliding scale.