Your libraries are open! Check thelosc.org or with your local branch for updated hours.
In-Person Weekly Preschool Storytime!
An opportunity to learn and practice early literacy skills through stories, songs, and fingerplays.
- Chewelah: Tuesdays – 11:30 am
- Colville: Wednesdays – 10:30 am (at the NEW Farmers Market on Astor), Thursdays – 10:30 am
- Kettle Falls: Tuesdays – 10:30 am
- -Tuesday, Aug. 23rd: Special Musical Storytime. Come learn about the harp, hear awesome music, and meet guest musician, Markey!
- Lakeside: Wednesdays – 10:30 am
- Loon Lake: Thursdays – 10:30 am
In-Person Weekly Tech Help
- Chewelah: Wednesdays – 3 – 5 pm
- Colville: Tuesdays – 11 am – 12 pm
- Kettle Falls: Thursdays 11 am – 12 pm
- Loon Lake: Mondays 2 – 3 pm by appointment
- Hunters, Lakeside, Northport: by appointment
Rescheduled – Junior Ranger: Sun, Solar, Stellar Sky
- Kettle Falls: Friday, August 19, 11 am
- Northport: Friday, August 19, 2 pm
- The Lake Roosevelt National Park Service is coming to your library! Learn about our mighty sun and check it out through a solar telescope!
Take-n-Try – Birdwatching
August 1 – until supplies are gone
For adults of all ages. Try a new hobby at the LOSC! Pick up a Take & Try Kit with everything you need to learn something new! This month’s kit is an introduction to birdwatching, including birding tips, common local species, instructions on making your own DIY feeder, and a packet of birdseed for adults of all ages.
Stack ‘Em Up – Beanstack Reading Challenge
August 1 – October 31
How many books can you read? Read 10 books by October 31 and claim your Stack ‘Em Up Badge! Pick up a paper log at your local branch, download the Beanstack app, or go to thelosc.beanstack.org to join in the fun!
Friends of the Loon Lake Library Book Sale
- Friday, August 19, 10 am – 2 pm – Friends of Loon Lake Library is hosting a bonus book sale on the third Friday of the month throughout the summer. Open 10am – 2pm. Stop in and beat the heat to grab a few good reads!
- Friday & Saturday, September 2 & 3, 10 am – 2 pm – Friends of Loon Lake Library have a double-day Book Sale on Friday, September 2 & Saturday, September 3 from 10 am – 2 pm. All proceeds help support library programming and community literacy! See you there!
Robotics Demonstration and Lego Balloon Cars
Join us at 11 AM at your library:
The Libraries of Stevens County would like to introduce our competition robotics team from Kettle Falls High School. Canine Crusaders 4980 compete in the Pacific Northwest and even at the World Championship level! Come see a demonstration of EV3 robots, watch a video and engineer your own LEGO balloon car to see whose travels furthest!
- Hunters: Wednesday, August 17
- Kettle Falls: Wednesday, August 24
- Lakeside: Thursday, August 18
- Loon Lake: Tuesday, August 23
Author Talks: The Beauty in Breaking by Michele Harper
Monday, August 22, 6 pm
We’re excited to share a series of online author talks from New York Times Best Selling Authors and Pulitzer Prize winning historians this summer! Events include Q&A sessions for attendees to ask questions. Grab your book and join us! https://libraryc.org/scrld/17876
Author Talks: Impact Players by Liz Wiseman
Thursday, August 25, 9 am
We’re excited to share a series of online author talks from New York Times Best Selling Authors and Pulitzer Prize winning historians this summer! Events include Q&A sessions for attendees to ask questions. Grab your book and join us! https://libraryc.org/scrld/17879
Thursday, August 25, 6 pm – 7 pm
Join us on ZOOM for LiBrewery Trivia! Melinda, Megan, and Lisa are back to bring you fun questions, interesting tidbits, and (surely) lots of fun. This is a FREE event! Register online: http://bit.ly/librewerytrivia
Summer Adventures at the LOSC!
June 1 – August 31
Make sure you turn in your reading trackers by August 31st to be entered into our finishers prize drawing! We have a sweet treat for all program finishers, plus you will be entered to win one of our grand prizes like hydration backpacks, hammocks, birdhouses, and more!
June 1 – September 5
Trail Tales is a fun and educational way for people of all ages to enjoy the outdoors while also helping build children’s interest in reading. Pages of a book posted along the trail will take you on an adventure physically and in your mind. Look for a new story at your nearest location each month from Memorial Day through Labor Day!
Virtual Reality is back at your local library! During Summer Adventures, visit your local library to dive into the Deep Dark, view the Great Outdoors or experience the Final Frontier!
June 20 – August 19
What’s on Roosevelt’s Workbench? Starting June 20th Roosevelt will bring young LOSC patrons a new activity every week. Come and find out about Roosevelt’s favorite things including the Deep Dark, the Great Outdoors, and the Final Frontier.
Weekly YouTube Storytime Shorts and Sing-Alongs
Thursdays at 10:30 am
Can’t make it to one of our in-person storytimes? Join us for online Storytime Shorts and Sing-Alongs! We are taking turns with our friends Clifford, Anja, Anna, and Siena to share some great songs and books! Stories or songs are posted every Thursday at 10:30 am! We also share crafts, songs, and kids’ activities in our Facebook group –
Colville Writer’s Club
Mondays, 2 pm – 4 pm – Colville Library Meeting Room
Enjoy writing? Join our all-ages writing club to share stories, work on your projects with like-minded peers, or find inspiration with our writing prompts! Call the Colville Library for more information.