The Salvation Army to Help Prepare 4,000 Local Students for School Year
From August 1-6, The Salvation Army Spokane will partner with local stores for its annual “Burst-A-Bus” campaign to help provide local students with needed school items for the next school year.
New supplies needed include the following:
- A Fun Themed Backpack
- Set of Colored Pencils
- Wide Rule Composition Book
- Color Crayons
- Pink Beveled Eraser
- College Rule Fill Paper
- Wide Rule Fill Paper
- Pocket Folders of Assorted Colors
- Glue Stick
- Markers Fine Tip
- Markers Broad Tip
- Package of #2 Pencils
- Medium Point Pens – Black
- 12 in Plastic Ruler
- Spiral Notebook – Wide Ruled
- Spiral Notebook – College Ruled
- 3-Ring Pencil Pouch
The public can shop for the above-mentioned donations at the below store locations on the following dates and times and simply place the school items in The Salvation Army’s bins:
- Monday, August 1: Walmart – 2301 W. Wellesley Ave., Spokane (10:30 am to 8 pm)
- Tuesday, August 2: Walmart – 2301 W. Wellesley Ave., Spokane (10:30 am to 8 pm)
- Wednesday, August 3: Walmart – 2301 W. Wellesley Ave., Spokane (10:30 am to 8 pm)
- Thursday, August 4: Fred Meyer – 12120 N. Division St., Spokane (10 am to 6 pm)
- Friday, August 5: Fred Meyer – 12120 N. Division St., Spokane (10 am to 6 pm)
- Saturday, August 6: Fred Meyer – 12120 N. Division St., Spokane (10 am to 6 pm)
In collaboration with nomnom Convenience Store, The Salvation Army will distribute the school supplies FREE to 4,000 local students, grades K-12, on August 17 on a first-come, first-served basis at the 13th Annual Backpacks for Kids event at 204 E. Indiana Ave., Spokane, 99207.
Items can also be delivered to The Salvation Army from 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday, at 222 E. Indiana Ave., Spokane.
“With inflation, costs have gone up on everything, including backpacks and school supplies; impacting many local families. However, these school items are necessary in helping children succeed in school, but added expenses for families during these challenging times,” said Major Ken Perine of the Spokane Salvation Army. “The goal here is that parents will be able to save their money on backpacks and school supplies so they can focus on other daily expenses.”
In addition, volunteers are needed in two-hour increments on August 4-6 to help receive the items at the Burst-A-Bus event.
All interested volunteers can register at https://bit.ly/3PaFDxp or scan the attached QR Code. For more information, please call 509-325-6810.
Monetary donations can also be made online at www.makingspokanebetter.org